Therapeutic massages offered by qualified practitioners
At our clinic, we offer remedial massages – full body massages that can include trigger point therapy, sports massage, and myo-fascial release.
A remedial massage locates and repairs the damage caused to muscles and tendons. It helps you by:
- Stimulating the blood supply, which allows toxins in the muscles to be removed.
- Calming the peripheral nervous system, to ease pain and discomfort.
- Toning and relaxing the muscles to improve joint mobility.
- Easing stiffness and tension.
This form of therapy uses the following techniques to ease muscle tensions (known as knots).
- Dry needling. This involves inserting fine needles into myo-fascial trigger points, to deactivate these points, decrease pain, and restore muscle function. At our clinic, a qualified Myotherapist performs dry needling, ensuring your safety and comfort. The process involves little to no pain for the patient.
- In this technique, which may be incorporated into your treatment, a Myotherapist uses a vacuum pumped cup to mobilize and stretch the tissue and muscles.